Wednesday, November 09, 2005

icollectgames

I collect PC games. But if you're here, you probably already know that.

Just to prevent confusion, let me spell it out. I collect original PC or IBM-compatible games, no warez, no copies, nothing illegal. I don't collect C64 , Amiga, Mac, or console games. I focus solely on PC games, and have so far put together a collection spanning the last 20+ years and composed of over 550 individual titles. I prefer original media, but I buy re-releases and compilations/collections whenever I can -- I'm more interested in building an archive of the software itself, rather than the physical media.

I felt it was time to start a presence on the web to document some of this, and to give people a place to contact me. I'm always on the lookout for more games, and anything offered would be gratefully accepted.

But I'm not going to limit this to merely talking about the games I find. I want to branch out a bit, and give exposure to the other people engaged in this hobby. I want a place to share my memories of two decades of computer gaming. I want to give those who come here a chance to become a part of the history that we live in the middle of.

I'll leave comments open for the time being. I want you to respond to what I say. Please don't abuse the privilege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home