Sunday, July 30, 2006

And again with the acknowledgements

Crap, I don't know if I'll be able to get them all in one post, but I'll try. Links may have to come later, but I just want to make sure credit's given today.

Rhctrading kindly sold me a copy of Drakan: Order of the Flame, while kimsgallery provided a bit of Normality. And I can't forget cewgifts, who supplied me with a beautiful copy of the old floppy version of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Krazylouie sent out three floppy games in wonderful shape: Heat Wave, Marble Madness, and Arcticfox; and vancetoepel sold me copies of Hocus Pocus, Creatures, and, arguably one of the worst PC games ever made (and thus one of the high points of my collection), Mad Dog McCree. (Mad Dog McCree received the worst-ever review at PC Gamer Magazine.)

Zfishman and soul2spare both made huge additions to my collection. From zfishman, I received Swift Classic Board Games for Windows, Swift Classic Card Games for Windows, Sports Car GT, Road Rash, Galaxy of Games, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2000, NHL 2000, Madden 2000, NBA Live 2000, Superbike World Championship, Super Huey III, NASCAR Road Racing, 3-D Pinball Express, You Don't Know Jack Sports, Reader's Digest Multimedia Crosswords, Evel Knievel 3D Stunt Game, and Fox Sports Soccer 99. There was another title in the mix (Nascar Racing 99), but in an as-yet-unheard-of move, I passed that one on to another collector who needed it to finish the series. Soul2spare graciously supplied a huge collection of DOS games, including The Classic 5, Thunderhawk AH-73M, Merchant Colony, Budo: The Art of Ninja Combat!, 35 Great Games for Windows, Sim City: The City Simulator, Ancients II, Life & Death II: The Brain, Thexder, Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego? Deluxe, Monopoly, Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain, Fantasy Empires, Roadwar Europa, Roadwar 2000, Wargame Construction Set, Indianapolis 500: The Simulation, Red Baron, Red Baron Mission Builder, Flight of the Intruder, Gunship 2000, and Gunship 2000 Scenario Disk with Mission Builder.

And last but not least, some local friends donated to the cause this week. From Terry Riggs, I now have Battlefield Vietnam, Tzar: The Burden of the Crown, and Sudden Strike II; and Rebekah Layton kindly passed along a copy of 100 Great Educational Games Vol. 4.

I'll pop back in later and update the game titles with links, and talk about a couple of other interesting things I've received.
* Links added *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home